NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR TO CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST SPONSOR TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
The Pick the Winner – Be a Winner Contest and Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) shall begin at 12:01 a.m. ET on May 19, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and end at 9:00 a.m. ET on May 28, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”, and such period referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bitnile.com, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY ENTRANT MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES (INCLUDING THOSE AS WINNER, IF APPLICABLE) WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, participants must visit https://indy500.bitnile.com and accurately select the winner of the 2023 Indianapolis 500 during the Sweepstakes Period. Participation in the Sweepstakes is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from the Sponsor. All entries are subject to these Official Rules. One entry per person.
- PRIZES: There will be eighty-two (82) winners of the Sweepstakes (the “Winners”), subject to there being sufficient eligible entries (i.e., at least 82 eligible entrants who accurately select the winner of the 2023 Indianapolis 500 in accordance with these Official Rules). The Winners will win the following prizes in the order they are drawn. The first two (2) Winners drawn will receive (i) one (1) ticket to a 2023 NTT IndyCar Series race event, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $85 (an “Event Ticket”) and (ii) a two-seater ride around the applicable NTT IndyCar Series race track, with an ARV of $1,050 (the “IndyCar Experience”, and together with the “Event Ticket, the “First Prize”). The total ARV of the First Prize is $2,270. The next eight (8) Winners drawn will receive one (1) Event Ticket, with an ARV of $85 (the “Second Prize”). The total ARV of the Second Prize is $680. The Winners of the First Prize and Second Prize may select the particular 2023 NTT IndyCar Series race event/location for the Event Ticket and IndyCar Experience (if applicable). Travel to/from the selected race track is not included. The next twenty (20) Winners drawn will receive an NTT IndyCar Series race team jersey, with an ARV of $30 (the “Third Prize”). The total ARV of the Third Prize is $600. Selection of the particular jersey is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The final fifty (50) Winners drawn will receive an NTT IndyCar Series race team cooling towel, with an ARV of $8 (the “Fourth Prize;” together with the First Prize, the Second Prize, and the Third Prize, collectively, the “Prizes,” and each, a “Prize”). The total ARV of the Fourth Prize is $400. Selection of the particular cooling towel is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Total ARV of all Prizes is $3,950.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants. Allow 3-4 weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of Prize. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of Prizes allowed. Winners will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of Prizes permitted. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any event. The Sponsor is not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, and Winners will not be reimbursed for unused admission. A Winner’s expenses, travel and other costs not expressly stated in the Prize description above are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Restrictions, conditions and limitations on Event Tickets may apply. Lost, mutilated or stolen tickets will not be replaced. The Sponsor is responsible only for Prize delivery; Sponsor is not responsible for Prize utility, quality or otherwise. In order to receive a Prize, a Winner may be required to provide proof of identification. THE WINNERS MUST PROVIDE ALL TRUE, COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION REQUESTED BY THE SPONSOR TO FACILITATE THE DELIVERY OF THE PRIZE, AND BEARS ALL RESPONSIBILITY IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. All federal, state, provincial and local or other taxes on any Prize, including income and/or sales taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. The Winners of any Prize with a value of $600 or greater will be issued a 1099 U.S. Tax Form for the actual value of such Prize on the day the Prize is issued to Winners. All entrants agree that information provided by the Sponsor is not advice, including but not limited to, tax advice or legal advice, and every entrant is advised to consult a professional, including a tax professional.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Idaho and Washington) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and who have an active account for the BitNile.com platform (an “Account”). Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant represents that they have read these Official Rules and unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions in these Official Rules will result in disqualification, and will allow the Sponsor to select an alternate Winner. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Within seven (7) days of the Sweepstakes End Date (the “Selection Date”), the Sponsor will randomly select the Winners from all eligible participants. The Winners will be notified using the contact information provided when entering at https://indy500.bitnile.com. The Sponsor may request certain information, including date of birth or age, from the Winners in order to confirm eligibility. The Prizes must be claimed in full. In the event that a potential Winner does not accept a Prize within three (3) business days of Sponsor notifying such potential Winner, such potential Winner is ineligible, or the Prize or Prize notification is not deliverable to such potential Winner, then an alternate Winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential Winner. The Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness, and/or Prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the Winners may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
- CONDITIONS: The Sponsor and its agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Prizes, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prizes, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or (vii) the fluctuation of the value of the Prizes, any future inability to access the underlying media files connected to the Prizes due to technological issues (including hacks), changes to legal or regulatory regimes or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event that proper administration of the Sweepstakes is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Sponsor will pick the Winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants and Winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the Prizes, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by Nevada law.
- ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
a. Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section is referred to in these Official Rules as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Sponsor, whether arising out of or relating to these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes, your participation in the Sweepstakes, the Prizes, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes (including any alleged breach thereof), any advertising, any aspect of the relationship between us, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you and Sponsor are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
b. Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND SPONSOR AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
c. Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. Sponsor is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most concerns can be resolved quickly and to the participant’s satisfaction by emailing Customer Support at Support@bitnile.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to Sponsor should be sent to BitNile.com, Inc., 11411 Southern Highlands Pkway, Suite #240, Las Vegas, NV 98141 (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If Sponsor and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or Sponsor may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Sponsor or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Sponsor is entitled.
d. Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/consumer_arbitration. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Official Rules as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under these Official Rules and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
Unless Sponsor and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, Sponsor agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
e. Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. If the value of the relief sought is $75,000 or less, at your request, Sponsor will pay all Arbitration Fees. If the value of relief sought is more than $75,000 and you are able to demonstrate to the arbitrator that you are economically unable to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees or if the arbitrator otherwise determines for any reason that you should not be required to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees, Sponsor will pay your portion of such fees. In addition, if you demonstrate to the arbitrator that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Arbitration Fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. Finally, if the value of the relief sought is $75,000 or less, Sponsor will pay reasonable attorneys’ fees should you prevail. Sponsor will not seek attorneys’ fees from you. But, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek more than $75,000 in relief, the payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
f. Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
g. Severability. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 6(b) above is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 6(b) is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of these Official Rules will continue to apply.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the first name, last initial, city and state of the Winners after the Selection Date, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “The Pick the Winner – Be a Winner Contest and Giveaway Winners List” to the Sponsor. Requests for winners list must be received no later than ninety (90) days from the Selection Date (residents of Vermont and Washington need not include return postage).
- SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR:
10620 Southern Highlands Pkway Ste 110-807
Las Vegas, NV 89141
- NOTICE: The Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
- Copyright © 2023, BitNile.com, Inc. All rights reserved. BitNile.com and the associated logos are trademarks of Sponsor. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for Prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.